Tuesday, March 23, 2010

this keeps happening to me...

Alarm goes off at 6h50. Immediately press snooze.
5 minutes later, it goes off again. Snooze.
Pattern cyclique.
7h15 now. Coffee’s on the stove, don’t remember how it got there.
Hot and hurried shower. Hastily habillé.
Coffee’s ready, bubbling, steamy.
Timid tongue, small sips: still too hot.
Acidic orange, juice beads strung together at the corners of my
mouth, toast-and-jam crunch.
Empty inbox, ten degrees Celsius and sunny, so early that
friends from home are online.
Conversations of clicks and taps, then
Goodnight! - Good day!
7h45: backpack back-packed, straight-shot four-block walk.
Matin smokefog greeting at the IEP entrée. “Bienvenue!
Flyer dodge, paper pick-up, climbing stairs two by two.
I’m early.
Today’s news stained with ink-smeared thumbprints.
….Waiting, waiting…Speculation.
8h30: still no prof. Proof?
Departing by threes and twos ‘til we’re one: me.
No class, no word.
Typical.

On a completely unrelated note, some pictures of the kinds of alien clouds I was talking about in my last post (as requested by Ashley):



2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite of all your posts, prose poetry and pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete