Monday, April 5, 2010

"monsieur _____ n'est pas là aujourd'hui. il s'excuse."

Copy and paste the post below this into a tidy mental document and welcome yourselves to the redundancy that is my life.

When I first started this blog, and particularly during the first two weeks of the semester when many of my classes were canceled, I considered sharing with you some of these stories because I thought them something extraordinary.

How wrong I was.

Since then, class cancellations have become a mundane, albeit irritating, part of la vie française, occurring on a weekly (if not twice-weekly) basis and almost always without warning. And when you've already only got six classes a week and therefore more free time than you know what to do with, this is something that gets really old really fast.

But I guess this is all just part of the authentic French experience I was looking for, right?

P.S. This is seriously not helping my already severe lack of motivation. Davidson workload, I never thought I'd say this, but tu me manques. Yes, I am that desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment