Tuesday, November 22, 2011

hand turkeys!

I'm not sure why, but I am SO into Thanksgiving this year. Perhaps it's because I'll be thousands of miles from my own Thanksgiving table, but I am really freakin' excited to go all out. I'll be celebrating it Friday rather than Thursday (home boy doesn't finish until 5:30pm on Thursday...there's no way I'd be able to throw together a proper feast in time for dinner), and since I'm the only American I know of in Lannion, I'll be whipping up some good ol' 'murrican dishes for my European friends: stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, duck (yeah we fancy up in here), and, of course, apple pie! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The real point of this post is to show off the hand turkeys my CE2 class made today! I gave them a REALLY simple explanation of Turkey Day, complete with visual references I drew myself of the Mayflower, a Pilgrim, a Native American, and a Turkey. I can only imagine how alien they think I am now (YOU try explaining the importance of turkey to a bunch of French 8-year-olds). Anyway, no elementary school Thanksgiving lesson is complete without some good ol' fashioned hand turkeys, so hand turkeys we made! I gave them some basic guidelines, but some of them got super creative! I LOVE them all and want to hang them on my wall. Without further ado:


(Turkeys with flare)

(Goin' all out)






(Turkey family! That's a turkey hatching out of an egg there on the left...)

(Do turkeys have nests? Marine's does!)

(Prepping 'em to hang in the hall of the school!)

4 comments:

  1. I'M SO GLAD YOU ACTUALLY DID THIS! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, cutest and sweetest thing ever?? YES! These are so adorable. That one with the eggs! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, you know you have the teaching bug when you start posting your students' hand turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blahahhaha love it! I wish we could do hand turkey's in lycee...What did I do today? I prepared 2 seniors for the oral BAC and oh wait they are BRITISH...totally not a waste of anyone's time :)

    ReplyDelete